Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Fiber for dessert ?
From John Hadamuscin's "Simple Pleasures" ( this is an oldie..... it came out in 1992 )
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups granulated sugar ( I used Sugar in the Raw - so, not quite so bad )
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups grated, unpeeled zucchini
Confectioners sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 10 inch tube or Bundt pan and dust lightly with cocoa.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, combine oil and granulated sugar, then beat in eggs, one at a time. Slowly beat dry mixture into wet mixture, until well blended. Beat in vanilla and stir in zucchini.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for approximately an one hour.
4. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove cake to a wire rack. When completely cool, dust lightly with confectioners sugar.
5. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
There you go........knock yourself out!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Oh how funny, I just printed off a recipe for chocolate zucchini cake last night!! I made it last year and it is great!ReplyDelete
Sounds good to me. I have a recipe for a harvard beet cake that everyone loves. Anyway to get veggies is good...ReplyDelete
It sounds pretty good to me. I haven't had zucchini bread in the longest time. I remember I took home ec when I was about 13 and we had to cook something to bring in and share with the class; I made zucchini bread but none of the students would eat since it had zucchini in the name...I guess I was the only one whose mother made it at home?ReplyDelete